Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Global Surgery 2030: evidence and solutions for achieving health, welfare, and economic development.Lancet. 2015; 386: 569-624
- Essential surgery. World Bank, Washington, DC2015
- G4 Alliance.http://www.theg4alliance.org/Date accessed: June 18, 2017
- How should academic surgeons respond to enthusiasts of global surgery?.Surgery. 2013; 153: 871-872
- Free distribution or cost sharing? Evidence from a malaria prevention experiment.Q J Econ. 2010; 125: 1-45
- Effectiveness of insecticide-treated bednets in malaria prevention in Haiti: a case-control study.Lancet Glob Health. 2017; 5: e96-103
- Cost effectiveness of strategies to combat road traffic injuries in sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia: mathematical modelling study.BMJ. 2012; 344: e612
- Population differences in breast cancer: survey in indigenous African women reveals over-representation of triple-negative breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 4515-4521
- Is breast cancer from Sub Saharan Africa truly receptor poor? Prevalence of ER/PR/HER2 in breast cancer from Kenya.Breast. 2014; 23: 591-596
- Effects of tranexamic acid on death, vascular occlusive events, and blood transfusion in trauma patients with significant haemorrhage (CRASH-2): a randomised, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 23-32
- Prospective randomized comparison of two preoperative skin preparation techniques in a developing world country.World J Surg. 2001; 25: 441-443
- A randomized trial of low-cost mesh in groin hernia repair.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 146-153
- An interrupted time series analysis of parenteral antibiotic use in Colombia.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 1013-1020
- Sustainable development in surgery: the health, poverty, and equity impacts of charitable surgery in Uganda.PLoS ONE. 2016; 11: e0168867
- Mortality of emergency abdominal surgery in high-, middle- and low-income countries.Br J Surg. 2016; 103: 971-988
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- The anatomy of medical research: US and international comparisons.JAMA. 2015; 313: 174-189
- Global surgery opportunities for US surgical residents: an interim report.J Surg Educ. 2015; 72: e60-e65
There was no financial support specifically for the preparation of this manuscript. Dr Jayaraman is supported in part through NIH 2P60MD002256-10 grant to Virginia Commonwealth University Center for Health Disparities, Clinical Faculty Scholars Program. Dr Shrime is funded by the GE Foundation Safe Surgery 2020 Project and the Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation.