Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
National Resident Matching Program, Results and Data: 2016 Main Residency Match. National Resident Matching Program, Washington, DC. 2016.
- Transition to surgical residency: a multi-institutional study of perceived intern preparedness and the effect of a formal residency preparatory course in the fourth year of medical school.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 1116-1124
- Senior medical student “boot camp”: can result in increased self-confidence before starting surgery internships.Curr Surg. 2006; 63: 264-268
- Effects of postgraduate medical education “boot camps” on clinical skills, knowledge, and confidence: a meta-analysis.J Grad Med Educ. 2014; 6: 643-652
- How prepared are your interns to take calls? Results of a multi-institutional study of simulated pages to prepare medical students for surgery internship.Am J Surg. 2014; 208: 307-315
- Statement on surgical preresidency preparatory courses.Am Surg. 2014; 80: 1085-1086
- Statement on surgical preresidency preparatory courses.Ann Surg. 2014; 260: 969-970
- At home pre-residency preparation for general surgery internship: a pilot study.J Surg Educ. 2017; (Epub ahead of print, June 27, 2017)
- A systematic review of the effects of resident duty hour restrictions in surgery: impact on resident wellness, training, and patient outcomes.Ann Surg. 2014; 259: 1041-1053
- Feedback for simulation-based procedural skills training: a meta-analysis and critical narrative synthesis.Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2014; 19: 251-272
- Feedback in clinical medical education.JAMA. 1983; 250: 777-781
- Randomized trial of the effect of video feedback on the acquisition of surgical skills.Br J Surg. 2013; 100: 1448-1453
- The effectiveness of video feedback in the acquisition of orthopedic technical skills.Am J Surg. 2004; 187: 427-432
- Effectiveness of repeated video feedback in the acquisition of a surgical technical skill.Can J Surg. 2005; 48: 195-200
- Randomized trial to assess the effect of supervised and unsupervised video feedback on teaching practical skills.J Surg Educ. 2015; 72: 697-703
- Personalized video feedback and repeated task practice improve laparoscopic knot-tying skills: two controlled trials.Acad Med. 2017; 92: S11-S32
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Objective structured assessment of technical skill (OSATS) for surgical residents.Br J Surg. 1997; 84: 273-278
- Current concepts in validity and reliability for psychometric instruments: theory and application.Am J Med. 2006; 119 (e7-e16): 166
- Technology-enhanced simulation for health professions education.JAMA. 2011; 306: 978-988
- Structured training on box trainers for first year surgical residents: does it improve retention of laparoscopic skills? A randomized controlled study.J Surg Educ. 2012; 69: 624-632
- Systematic review of the Hawthorne effect: new concepts are needed to study research participation effects.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 267-277
- Cost: The missing outcome in simulation-based medical education research: a systematic review.Surgery. 2013; 153: 160-176
- Linking simulation-based educational assessments and patient-related outcomes.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 246-256
- Self-regulated learning in simulation-based training: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Med Educ. 2015; 49: 368-378
- Does simulation-based medical education with deliberate practice yield better results than traditional clinical education? A meta-analytic comparative review of the evidence.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 706-711
- Comparative effectiveness of technology-enhanced simulation versus other instructional methods.Simul Healthc. 2012; 7: 308-320
Declaration of Conflicting Interests: The author(s) declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article.
Funding: Financial support was provided from the John K. and Luise V. Hanson Foundation (a nonprofit organization).
Presented at the American College of Surgical Simulation Conference, March 17–18, 2017, Chicago, Illinois.