Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Patient safety in trauma: maximal impact management errors at a level I trauma center.J Trauma. 2008; 64 (discussion 270-2): 265-270
- Classifying errors in preventable and potentially preventable trauma deaths: a 9-year review using the Joint Commission's standardized methodology.Am J Surg. 2014; 208: 187-194
- In situ, multidisciplinary, simulation-based teamwork training improves early trauma care.J Surg Educ. 2011; 68: 472-477
- Assessing teamwork in the trauma bay: introduction of a modified “NOTECHS” scale for trauma.Am J Surg. 2012; 203: 69-75
- Practices of distributed intelligence and designs for education.in: Salomon G. Distributed Cognitions: Psychological and Educational Considerations. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (UK)1997
- Speech Acts: An Essay in the Philosophy of Language.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (UK)1969
- Describing Talk: A Taxonomy of Verbal Response Modes.SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks (CA)1992
- Teaching and Assessing Engineering Design Thinking with Virtual Internships and Epistemic Network Analysis.Harvey Mudd Design Workshop, Claremont, CA2015
- A tutorial on epistemic network analysis: analyzing the structure of connections in cognitive, social, and interaction data.J Learn Analytics. 2016; 3: 37
- A novel paradigm for engineering education: virtual internships with individualized mentoring and assessment of engineering thinking.J Biomech Eng. 2015; 137: 24701-24708
- Evolution of Networks: From Biological Nets to the Internet and WWW (Physics).Oxford University Press, Oxford (UK)2003
- The small world of human language.Proc Royal Soc B. 2001; 268: 2261-2265
- Handbook of Latent Semantic Analysis.Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mahwah (NJ)2007
- Producing high-dimensional semantic spaces from lexical co-occurrence.Behav Res Methods Instruments Comp. 1996; 28: 203-208
- Analysis of weighted networks.Phys Rev E. 2004; 70: 056131
- Exposing chat features through analysis of uptake between contributions.(Presented at: The 45th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences; January 4–7)2012
- Challenging assumptions: using sliding window visualizations to reveal time-based irregularities in CSCL processes.(Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of the Learning Sciences. International Society of the Learning Sciences)2012
- Network analysis of interactions between students and an instructor during design meetings.(Presented at: American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, New Orleans, LA; June 26–29)2016
- In search of conversational grain size: modeling semantic structure using moving stanza windows.(Presented at: 12th International Conference of the Learning Sciences. Singapore; June 20–24)2016
- Teamwork skills, shared mental models, and performance in simulated trauma teams: an independent group design.Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2010; 18: 47
- The concept of shared mental models in healthcare collaboration.J Adv Nurs. 2014; 70: 1479-1488
- Reducing medical error in the military health system: how can team training help?.Human Resource Manage Rev. 2006; 16: 396-415
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Manual for Coordinators and Faculty.9th ed. 2013 (Chicago (IL))
This work was primarily funded by the National Board of Medical Examiner's Edward J. Stemmler Medical Education Fund . This work was also funded in part by the National Science Foundation ( DRL-0918409 , DRL-0946372 , DRL-1247262 , DRL-1418288 , DUE-0919347 , DUE-1225885 , EEC-1232656 , EEC-1340402 , REC-0347000 ), the MacArthur Foundation , the Spencer Foundation , the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation , and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison . The opinions, findings, and conclusions do not reflect the views of the funding agencies, cooperating institutions, or other individuals.
Presented at the American College of Surgical Simulation Conference, March 17-18th, 2017, Chicago, IL.
The authors acknowledge Anne Legare for her contribution to the conception and design of the study, as well as the acquisition of data. They also acknowledge Ingie H. Osman and Brianna Statz for their contribution to the acquisition of data.