Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Siegfried Oberndorfer: A tribute to his work and life between Munich, Kiel, Geneva, and Istanbul.Virchows Arch Int J Pathol. 2007; 451: S3-S7
- WHO classification of tumours of the digestive system.4th ed. International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France2010
- ENETS consensus guidelines update for the management of distant metastatic disease of intestinal, pancreatic, bronchial neuroendocrine neoplasms (NEN) and NEN of unknown primary site.Neuroendocrinology. 2016; 103: 172-185
- One hundred years after “carcinoid”: Epidemiology of and prognostic factors for neuroendocrine tumors in 35,825 cases in the United States.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 3063-3072
- Exploring the rising incidence of neuroendocrine tumors: A population-based analysis of epidemiology, metastatic presentation, and outcomes.Cancer. 2015; 121: 589-597
- Long-term outcomes of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.Pancreas. 2018; 47: 321-325
- Surgical treatment of neuroendocrine metastases to the liver: A plea for resection to increase survival.J Am Coll Surg. 2003; 197: 29-37
- Neuroendocrine liver metastasis: The chance to be cured after liver surgery.J Surg Oncol. 2017; 115: 687-695
- Treatment of neuroendocrine liver metastases.Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2016; 25: 217-225
- Expanded criteria for carcinoid liver debulking: Maintaining survival and increasing the number of eligible patients.Surgery. 2014; 156 (discussion 1376–7): 1369-1376
- Resection of the primary gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumor improves survival with or without liver treatment.Ann Surg. 2018; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000002809
About the National Cancer Database. American College of Surgeons Web site. https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/cancer/ncdb/about. Accessed 17 November 2017.
R Core Team Web site. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing; 2016. https://www.R-project.org/. Accessed 1 October 2017.
- Resection of primary tumor site is associated with prolonged survival in metastatic nonfunctioning pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.Surgery. 2016; 159: 311-318
- Operative resection of primary carcinoid neoplasms in patients with liver metastases yields significantly better survival.Surgery. 2006; 140: 891-898
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: The impact of surgical resection on survival.Cancer. 2009; 115: 741-751
- Surgical resection of primary tumor improves survival of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor with liver metastases.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 79785-79792
- Assessing the role of primary tumour resection in patients with synchronous unresectable liver metastases from pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour of the body and tail.A propensity score survival evaluation. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017; 43: 372-379
- Going the extra mile: Improved survival for pancreatic cancer patients traveling to high-volume centers.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 333-338
- Survival of patients with neuroendocrine carcinoma of the colon and rectum: A population-based analysis.Dis Colon Rectum. 2015; 58: 294-303
- Primary site predicts grade for gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.Am Surg. 2017; 83: 799-803
- Neuroendocrine tumors of the stomach.Surg Clin North Am. 2017; 97: 333-343
- Classification, clinicopathologic features and treatment of gastric neuroendocrine tumors.World J Gastroenterol WJG. 2014; 20: 118-125
- Metastatic carcinoid tumors—Are we making the cut?.Am J Surg. 2013; 205: 642-646
- The NANETS consensus guideline for the diagnosis and management of neuroendocrine tumors: Well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors of the jejunum, ileum, appendix, and cecum.Pancreas. 2010; 39: 753-766
- NANETS treatment guidelines: Well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors of the stomach and pancreas.Pancreas. 2010; 39: 735-752
Presented at the 2017 American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress