Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 911, What's your emergency? We have an active shooter; Hurry, Please hurry! In: ASSE professional development conference and exposition. Park Ridge.IL:American Society of Safety Engineers. 2017; (ASSE-17-529)
- After the mass shooting in Las Vegas—Finding common ground on gun control.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 1679-1680
- Epidemiology of mass casualty incidents in the United States.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2014; 18: 408-416
- Be prepared—The Boston Marathon and mass-casualty events.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1958-1960
- Tactical combat casualty care 2007: Evolving concepts and battlefield experience.Mil Med. 2007; 172: 1-19
- Death on the battlefield (2001–2011): Implications for the future of combat casualty care.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 73: S431-S437
- Survival with emergency tourniquet use to stop bleeding in major limb trauma.Ann Surg. 2009; 249: 1-7
- A national trauma care system: Integrating Military and civilian trauma systems to achieve zero preventable deaths after injury.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2016
- The Hartford consensus IV: A call for increased national resilience.Bull Am Coll Surg. 2016; 101: 17-24
Federal Emergent Management Agency. You are the help until help arrives. Available at: https://community.fema.gov/until-help-arrives. Accessed June 27, 2018.
- Response to mass casualty events: From the battlefield to the stop the bleed campaign.Trauma Surg Acute Care Open. 2016; 1e000023
- Evaluating the public health impact of health promotion interventions: The RE-AIM framework.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1322-1327
- Qualitative approaches to use of the RE-AIM framework: Rationale and methods.BMC Health Serv Res. 2018; 18: 177
- Oldenburg B, Australasian Peers for Progress Diabetes Project Investigators. Peer support to improve diabetes care: An implementation evaluation of the Australasian Peers for Progress Diabetes Program.BMC Public Health. 2018; 18: 262
- Fracture risk assessment tool (FRAX) re-aim framework.Reumatol Clin. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.reuma.2017.12.011
- Initial steps in training the public about bleeding control: Surgeon participation and evaluation.J Am Coll Surg. 2017; 224: 1084-1090
The White House. FACT SHEET: Bystander: “Stop the Bleed” Broad private sector support for effort to save lives and build resilience. Available at: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2015/10/06/fact-sheet-bystander-stop-bleed-broad-private-sector-support-effort-save. Accessed June 27, 2018.
- Effectiveness of instructional interventions for hemorrhage control readiness for laypersons in the public access and tourniquet training study (PATTS): A randomized clinical trial.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 791-799
- Inter Association Task Force recommendations on emergency preparedness and management of sudden cardiac arrest in high school and college athletic programs: A consensus statement.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2007; 11: 253-271
- Mass gathering medical care: The medical director's checklist for the NAEMSP Standards and Clinical Practice Committee.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2000; 4: 359-360
- Automated external defibrillators in health/fitness facilities: Supplement to the AHA/ACSM recommendations for cardiovascular screening, staffing, and emergency policies at health/fitness facilities.Circulation. 2002; 105: 1147-1150
- Optimizing bleeding control training for the public: A national imperative.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 799
- The Gillette Stadium experience: A retrospective review of mass gathering events from 2010 to 2015.Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2018; 19: 1-7
Bleeding control basic instructor guide.pdf. Available at: https://www.bleedingcontrol.org/∼/media/bleedingcontrol/files/private/bleeding%20control%20basic%20instructor%20guide.ashx. Accessed June 27, 2018.
- Characteristics of volunteers responding to emergencies in the Public Access Defibrillation Trial.Resuscitation. 2007; 72: 193-199
- First things first: Effectiveness and scalability of a basic prehospital trauma care program for lay first-responders in Kampala, Uganda.PLoS One. 2009; 4: e6955
- Just-in-time to save lives: A pilot study of layperson tourniquet application.Acad Emerg Med. 2015; 22: 1113-1117
- Brief, web-based education improves lay rescuer application of a tourniquet to control life-threatening bleeding.AEM Educ Train. 2018; 2: 154-161
- Analysis of layperson tourniquet application using a novel color-coded device.Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2016; 10: 274-280
Partially funded by the Gillian Reny Stepping Strong Center for Trauma Innovation and Gillette Stadium, Foxborough MA.