We appreciate the interest and comment of Yang et al referencing our study on timing of esophagectomy after neoadjuvant chemoradiation.
1The extent of lymphadenectomy remains a controversial issue in the care of patients with esophageal cancer with good evidence supporting the quest for a greater yield of lymph nodes
- Franko J.
- McAvoy S.
Timing of esophagectomy after neoadjuvant chemoradiation treatment in squamous cell carcinoma.
Surgery. 2018; 164: 455-459
2as well as evidence documenting no association of postresection lymph node count on survival.
- Visser E.
- Markar S.R.
- Ruurda J.P.
- Hanna G.B.
- van Hillegersberg R.
Prognostic value of lymph node yield on overall survival in esophageal cancer patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Ann Surg. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000002824
- Lagergren J.
- Mattsson F.
- Zylstra J.
- Chang F.
- Gossage J.
- Mason R.
- et al.
Extent of lymphadenectomy and prognosis after esophageal cancer surgery.
JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 32-39
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Timing of esophagectomy after neoadjuvant chemoradiation treatment in squamous cell carcinoma.Surgery. 2018; 164: 455-459
- Prognostic value of lymph node yield on overall survival in esophageal cancer patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Surg. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000002824
- Extent of lymphadenectomy and prognosis after esophageal cancer surgery.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 32-39
- Esophagectomy timing after neoadjuvant therapy for distal esophageal adenocarcinoma.The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. 2016; 101: 1123-1130
- Surgery alone versus chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery for stage I and II esophageal cancer: final analysis of randomized controlled phase III trial FFCD 9901.J Clin Oncol. 2014; 32: 2416-2422
Published online: November 19, 2018
Accepted: October 12, 2018
Received: October 6, 2018
© 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.