Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Perceived gender-based barriers to careers in academic surgery.Am J Surg. 2013; 206: 263-268
- Reducing implicit gender leadership bias in academic medicine with an educational intervention.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 1143-1150
- Association for Academic Surgery presidential address: Sticky floors and glass ceilings.J Surg Res. 2017; 219: ix-xviii
- Gender differences in academic advancement: Patterns, causes, and potential solutions in one US College of Medicine.Acad Med. 2003; 78: 500-508
- Recruiting women to vascular surgery and other surgical specialties.J Vasc Surg. 2013; 57: 262-267
- The State of Women in Academic Medicine: The Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership, 2015–2016.(Available from:)https://www.aamc.org/members/gwims/statistics/489870/stats16.htmlDate accessed: January 6, 2019
- Gender diversity in general surgery residency leadership.J Surg Educ. 2018; 75: e68-e71
- AMGA Physician Compensation Data 2017 Report Based on 2016 Data.2017
- An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis.John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken (NJ)2007
- The climb to break the glass ceiling in surgery: Trends in women progressing from medical school to surgical training and academic leadership from 1994 to 2015.Am J Surg. 2016; 212: 566-572.e1
- Is there still a glass ceiling for women in academic surgery?.Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 637-643
- Reducing implicit bias: Association of women surgeons #HeForShe taskforce best practice recommendations.J Am Coll Surg. 2019; 228: 303-309
- Sex differences in physician salary in US public medical schools.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1294-1304
- Gender differences in the salaries of physician researchers.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2410-2417
- Gender differences in salary of internal medicine residency directors: A national survey.Am J Med. 2015; 128: 659-665
- Is research from databases reliable? No.Intensive Care Med. 2019; 45: 115-117
C.L. performed data collection. C.L., T.J.L., and L.C. performed data analysis. A.C.F. performed the literature review and drafted the manuscript. T.J.L., G.S., A.I., S.T., L.C. and C.S. contributed to the study design and provided critical revisions.