Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effects of limited work hours on surgical training.J Am Coll Surg. 2002; 195: 531-538
- American medical education 100 years after the Flexner report.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 1339-1344
- A systematic review of the effects of resident duty hour restrictions in surgery: impact on resident wellness, training, and patient outcomes.Ann Surg. 2014; 259: 1041-1053
- Bedside teaching in medical education: a literature review.Perspect Med Educ. 2014; 3: 76-88
- An early assessment of the ACGME CLER program: a national survey of designated institutional officials.J Grad Med Educ. 2017; 9: 330-335
- Prevalence and causes of attrition among surgical residents: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 265-272
- Situated Learning: Legitimate Peripheral Participation.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge1991
- Strategies to scaffold student learning: applying Vygotsky's Zone of Proximal Development.Nurse Educ. 2005; 30: 203-207
- Clinical Assessment and Management Examination--Outpatient (CAMEO): its validity and use in a surgical milestones paradigm.J Surg Educ. 2015; 72: 33-40
The American Board of Surgery. General Surgery Resident Performance Assessments. Available from: http://www.absurgery.org/default.jsp?certgsqe_resassess. Accessed July 12, 2019.
- The briefing, intraoperative teaching, debriefing model for teaching in the operating room.J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 208: 299-303
- A five-step "microskills" model of clinical teaching.J Am Board Fam Pract. 1992; 5: 419-424
- Strategies for efficient and effective teaching in the ambulatory care setting.Acad Med. 1997; 72: 277-280
- Medical students-as-teachers: a systematic review of peer-assisted teaching during medical school.Adv Med Educ Pract. 2011; 2: 157-172
- Entrustable Professional Activities in general surgery: development and implementation.J Surg Educ. 2019; (30123-0) (Accessed July 12, 2019): S1931-7204