Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ambulatory surgery data from hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers: United States, 2010.Natl Health Stat Report. 2017; 102: 1-14
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy the new ‘gold standard’?.Arch Surg. 1992; 127: 917-921
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy as a safe and effective treatment for severe acute cholecystitis.Br Med J. 1992; 305: 394-396
- Meta-analysis of robotic and laparoscopic surgery for treatment of rectal cancer.World J Gastroenterol. 2011; 17: 5214-5220
- Robotic approaches may offer benefit in colorectal procedures, more controversial in other areas: A review of 168,248 cases.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 925-933
- Short-term surgical outcomes and experience with 925 patients undergoing robotic cholecystectomy during a 4-year period at a single institution.Hepatogastroenterology. 2015; 62: 573-576
- Laparoscopic versus robot-assisted cholecystectomy: A retrospective cohort study.Int J Surg. 2014; 12: 1077-1081
- Robotic-assisted versus laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Outcome and cost analyses of a case-matched control study.Ann Surg. 2008; 247: 987-993
- Zeus robot-assisted laparoscopic cholecystectomy in comparison with conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2006; 5: 115-118
- Robotic cholecystectomy: Learning curve, advantages, and limitations.J Surg Res. 2006; 36: 172-178
- Short-term outcomes of single-site robotic cholecystectomy versus four-port laparoscopic cholecystectomy: A prospective, randomized, double-blind trial.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 3089-3097
- Could ICG aided robotic cholecystectomy reduce the rate of open conversion reported with laparoscopic approach? A head to head comparison of the largest single institution studies.J Robot Surg. 2017; 11: 77-82
- A retrospective comparison of robotic cholecystectomy versus laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Operative outcomes and cost analysis.Surg Endosc Other Interv Tech. 2017; 31: 1436-1441
- Does the cost of robotic cholecystectomy translate to a financial burden?.Surg Endosc. 2015; 29: 2115-2120
- Improved perioperative and short-term outcomes of robotic versus conventional laparoscopic colorectal operations.Am J Surg. 2014; 208: 33-40
- Learning curve for robotic-assisted surgery for rectal cancer: Use of the cumulative sum method.Surg Endosc. 2015; 29: 1679-1685
Drs. Kane, Charles, Mehaffey, and Hawkins and Ms. Meneses contributed to data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation of data for the work. Dr. Kane drafted the original manuscript, with critical analysis and revisions performed by all other authors. Drs. Tache-Leon and Yang contributed substantially to the conception and design of the work. All authors approve of the final version to be published and are in agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work.