Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
- Centers for disease control and prevention guideline for the prevention of surgical site infection, 2017.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 784-791
- Surgical site infection: incidence and impact on hospital utilization and treatment costs.Am J Infect Control. 2009; 37: 387-397
- Post-operative infections: trends in distribution, risk factors, and clinical and economic burdens.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2018; 19: 717-722
- The surgical care improvement project and prevention of post-operative infection, including surgical site infection.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2011; 12: 163-168
- The power of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program: achieving a zero pneumonia rate in general surgery patients.Perm J. 2012; 16: 39-45
- Temporal trends in the epidemiology of severe postoperative sepsis after elective surgery.Anesthesiology. 2010; 112: 917-925
- The epidemiology and risk factors for postoperative pneumonia.J Clin Med Res. 2017; 9: 466-475
HCUP Databases. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). December 2019. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp. Accessed February 2, 2020.
NIS Description of Data Elements. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). August 2018. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/nation/nis/nisdde.jsp. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Comorbidity measure for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
- A modification of the Elixhauser comorbidity measures into a point system for hospital death using administrative data.Med Care. 2009; 47: 626-633
- Propensity score methods for confounding control in nonexperimental research.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2013; 6: 604-611
- The effect of Surgical Care Improvement Project measures on national trends on surgical site infections in open vascular procedures.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 60: 1635-1639
- Surgical site infection prevention: time to move beyond the surgical care improvement program.Ann Surg. 2011; 254 (discussion 499-501): 494-499
- Adherence to surgical care improvement project measures and the association with postoperative infections.JAMA. 2010; 303: 2479-2485
- Long-term results of a postoperative pneumonia prevention program for the inpatient surgical ward.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 914-918
- Guidelines for preventing health-care-associated pneumonia, 2003: recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2004; 53: 1-36
- Estimating health care-associated infections and deaths in US hospitals, 2002.Public Health Rep. 2007; 122: 160-166
- Surgical duration and risk of Urinary Tract Infection: an analysis of 1,452,369 patients using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP).Int J Surg. 2015; 20: 107-112
- Estimating the proportion of healthcare-associated infections that are reasonably preventable and the related mortality and costs.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 101-114
- Does surgical quality improve in the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.Trans. 2009; 127: 7-20
- Improving surgical site infections: ssing National Surgical Quality Improvement Program data to institute surgical care improvement project protocols in improving surgical outcomes.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 210: 737-741
- Improved surgical outcomes for ACS NSQIP hospitals over time.Ann Surg. 2016; 263: 267-273
ACS NSQIP Hospitals. https://www.facs.org/search/nsqip-participants. Accessed February 2, 2020.