Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2021.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 7-33
Howlander N, Noone A, Krapcho M, et al. SEER cancer statistics review, 1975–2017. National Cancer Institute. https://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2017/, based on November 2019 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site April 2020. Accessed April 7, 2020.
- Disparities and distrust: the implications of psychological processes for understanding racial disparities in health and health care.Soc Sci Med. 2008; 67: 478-486
- Social sources of racial disparities in health.Health Affairs. 2005; 24: 325-334
- Discrimination and racial disparities in health: evidence and needed research.J Behav Med. 2009; 32: 20-47
- Inequality in quality addressing socioeconomic, racial, and ethnic disparities in health care.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2579-2584
- US Cancer Centers of Excellence strategies for increased inclusion of racial and ethnic minorities in clinical trials.J Oncol Pract. 2019; 15: e289-e299
- Differences in stage of cancer at diagnosis, treatment, and survival by race and ethnicity among leading cancer types.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3 (e202950–e202950)
- Disparities by race, age, and sex in the improvement of survival for major cancers: results from the National Cancer Institute Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) program in the United States, 1990 to 2010.JAMA Oncol. 2015; 1: 88-96
- Cancer health disparities in racial/ethnic minorities in the United States.Br J Cancer. 2021; 124: 315-332
- Racial differences and disparities in cancer care and outcomes: where’s the rub?.Surg Oncol Clin North Am. 2012; 21 (417–viii)
- Inclusion of women and minorities in clinical trials and the NIH Revitalization Act of 1993: the perspective of NIH clinical trialists.Control Clin Trials. 1995; 16 (293–309): 277-279
- Disparity of race reporting and representation in clinical trials leading to cancer drug approvals from 2008 to 2018.JAMA Oncol. 2019; 5 (e191870–e191870)
- Barriers to recruiting underrepresented populations to cancer clinical trials: a systematic review.Cancer. 2008; 112: 228-242
- Participation in cancer clinical trials: race-, sex-, and age-based disparities.JAMA. 2004; 291: 2720-2726
- How sociodemographics, presence of oncology specialists, and hospital cancer programs affect accrual to cancer treatment trials.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 2109-2117
- Selection and description of cancer clinical trials participants: science or happenstance?.Cancer. 2002; 95: 950-959
National Comprehensive Cancer Network Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. Version 1. 2020. Published online 2019. Available from: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/pancreatic.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2021.
- Racial disparities in cancer survival among randomized clinical trials patients of the Southwest Oncology Group.J Nat Cancer Inst. 2009; 101: 984-992
- Outcomes among Black patients with stage II and III colon cancer receiving chemotherapy: an analysis of ACCENT adjuvant trials.J Nat Cancer Inst. 2011; 103: 1498-1506
- Race and hormone receptor-positive breast cancer outcomes in a randomized chemotherapy trial.J Nat Cancer Inst. 2012; 104: 406-414
- Metabolic dependencies in pancreatic cancer.Front Oncol. 2018; 8: 617
Matrisian LM, Berlin JD. The past, present, and future of pancreatic cancer clinical trials. American Society of Clinical Oncology Educational Book, American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting. 2016;35:e205–215.
- About the National Cancer Database.https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/cancer/ncdb/aboutDate accessed: April 8, 2020
American College of Surgeons: The National Cancer Database 2016 PUF Data Dictionary.
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45
- Estimating predicted probabilities from logistic regression: different methods correspond to different target populations.Int J Epidemiol. 2014; 43: 962-970
- Surgical eligibility does not imply surgical equity. Ann Surg.(Published online 2021)https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000005033Date accessed: November 20, 2021
- Cancer statistics, 2016.CA Cancer J Clin. 2016; 66: 7-30
- A comprehensive analysis of clinical trials in pancreatic cancer: what is coming down the pike?.Oncotarget. 2020; 11: 3489-3501
- Clinical development success rates for investigational drugs.Nature Biotechnol. 2014; 32: 40-51
- Estimation of clinical trial success rates and related parameters.Biostatistics. 2019; 20: 273-286
- Innovation in the pharmaceutical industry: new estimates of R&D costs.J Health Econ. 2016; 47: 20-33
- Cancer trials versus the real world in the United States.Ann Surg. 2011; 254: 433-438
- FOLFIRINOX versus gemcitabine for metastatic pancreatic cancer.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 1817-1825
- FOLFIRINOX or gemcitabine as adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2395-2406
- Comparison of adjuvant gemcitabine and capecitabine with gemcitabine monotherapy in patients with resected pancreatic cancer (ESPAC-4): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1011-1024
- Disparities in participation in cancer clinical trials in the United States.Cancer. 2008; 112: 447-454
- Barriers to health care access among the elderly and who perceives them.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 1788-1794
- Geographic access to cancer care in the U.S.Cancer. 2008; 112: 909-918
Nipp RD, Hong K, Paskett ED. Overcoming barriers to clinical trial enrollment. American Society of Clinical Oncology Educational Book. 2019;105–114.
- H.R.913 - Clinical Treatment Act. 116th Congress (2019–2020).https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/913Date accessed: April 20, 2021
- Physician perspectives on increasing minorities in cancer clinical trials: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Initiative.Ann Epidemiol. 2000; 10: S78-S84
- Clinical trial participation among ethnic/racial minority and majority patients with advanced cancer: what factors most influence enrollment?.J Palliat Med. 2013; 16: 256-262
- Representation of African-Americans, Hispanics, and Whites in National Cancer Institute cancer treatment trials.J Nat Cancer Inst. 1996; 88: 812-816
- Increased survival in pancreatic cancer with nab-paclitaxel plus gemcitabine.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1691-1703
- Simple prognostic model for patients with advanced cancer based on performance status.J Oncol Pract. 2014; 10: e335-e341
- Gemcitabine plus bevacizumab compared with gemcitabine plus placebo in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: phase III trial of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB 80303).J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 3617-3622
Unger JM, Cook E, Tai E, Bleyer A. The role of clinical trial participation in cancer research: barriers, evidence, and strategies. American Society of Clinical Oncology Educational Book, American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting. 2016;35:185–198.
- A Pancreatic cancer multidisciplinary clinic eliminates socioeconomic disparities in treatment and improves survival.Ann Surg Oncol. 2021; 28: 2438-2446
- Does enrollment in cancer trials improve survival?.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 216: 774-781
- Comparison of commission on cancer-approved and nonapproved hospitals in the United States: implications for studies that use the National Cancer Data Base.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 4177-4181