Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Catheterization of the heart in man with use of a flow-directed balloon-tipped catheter.N Engl J Med. 1970; 283: 447-451
- Pulmonary artery catheters for adult patients in intensive care.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; : CD003408
- Evaluation study of congestive heart failure and pulmonary artery catheterization effectiveness: the ESCAPE trial.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1625-1633
- Pulmonary artery catheterization in acute coronary syndromes: insights from the GUSTO IIb and GUSTO III trials.Am J Med. 2005; 118: 482-488
- Impact of the pulmonary artery catheter in critically ill patients: meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1664-1670
- Pulmonary artery catheter use is associated with reduced mortality in severely injured patients: a National Trauma Data Bank analysis of 53,312 patients.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 1597-1601
- Pulmonary artery catheter use in adult patients undergoing cardiac surgery: a retrospective, cohort study.Perioper Med (Lond). 2018; 7: 24
Brown JA, Aranda-Michel E, Kilic A, et al. The impact of pulmonary artery catheter use in cardiac surgery [e-pub ahead of print]. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.01.086. Accessed 2 February 2021.
- A prediction model for assessing prognosis in critically ill patients with sepsis-associated acute kidney injury.Shock. 2021; 56: 564-572
Johnson A, Bulgarelli L, Pollard T, Horng S, Celi L, Mark R. MIMIC-IV (version 0.4). PhysioNet; 2020.
- Early combination of albumin with crystalloids administration might be beneficial for the survival of septic patients: a retrospective analysis from MIMIC-IV database.Ann Intensive Care. 2021; 11: 42
- Balance diagnostics after propensity score matching.Ann Transl Med. 2019; 7: 16
- Assessment of the clinical effectiveness of pulmonary artery catheters in management of patients in intensive care (PAC-Man): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2005; 366: 472-477
- Early use of the pulmonary artery catheter and outcomes in patients with shock and acute respiratory distress syndrome: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2713-2720
- Clinical evaluation compared to pulmonary artery catheterization in the hemodynamic assessment of critically ill patients.Crit Care Med. 1984; 12: 549-553
- Lack of effectiveness of the pulmonary artery catheter in cardiac surgery.Anesth Analg. 2011; 113: 994-1002
- Questionable benefit of the pulmonary artery catheter after cardiac surgery in high-risk patients.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2015; 29: 76-81
- Clinical and economic effects of pulmonary artery catheterization in nonemergent coronary artery bypass graft surgery.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2000; 14: 113-118
- Clinical outcomes of low-risk patients undergoing beating-heart surgery with or without pulmonary artery catheterization.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2006; 20: 300-306
- National trends in use and outcomes of pulmonary artery catheters among Medicare beneficiaries, 1999–2013.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 908-913
- The pulmonary artery catheter: is it still alive?.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2018; 24: 204-208
- Trends in utilization and outcomes of pulmonary artery catheterization in heart failure with and without cardiogenic shock.J Card Fail. 2019; 25: 364-371
- Pulmonary artery catheter use in acute myocardial infarction-cardiogenic shock.ESC Heart Fail. 2020; 7: 1234-1245
- Impact of pulmonary artery catheter use on short- and long-term mortality in patients with cardiogenic shock.Cardiology. 2017; 136: 61-69
- Current use and impact on 30-day mortality of pulmonary artery catheter in cardiogenic shock patients: results from the CardShock Study.J Intensive Care Med. 2020; 35: 1426-1433
Simpson EH. The interpretation of interaction in contingency tables. 1951;13:238–241.
- The routine use of the pulmonary artery catheter should be abandoned.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 135-141
- Commentary: the uncertain fate of the pulmonary artery catheter in cardiac surgery: the difference is in the exceptions.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2021.02.057
Jie Wu and Qihong Liang contributed equally.