Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- NHE fact sheet.27 October 2021https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/NHE-Fact-Sheet
- National health expenditure projections, 2019–28: expected rebound in prices drives rising spending growth.Health Affairs. 2020; 39: 704-714
- Reducing cost and improving operating room efficiency: examination of surgical instrument processing.J Surg Res. 2018; 229: 15-19
- Understanding the financial cost of robotic lobectomy: calculating the value of innovation?.Ann Cardiothorac Surg. 2019; 8: 194-201
- Time is money: can punctuality decrease operating room cost?.J Am Coll Surg. 2020; 230: 182-189.e4
- Understanding costs of care in the operating room.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153e176233
- The cost of operating room delays in an endourology center.Can Urol Assoc J. 2020; 14: E304-E308
- The effect on test ordering of informing physicians of the charges for outpatient diagnostic tests.N Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 1499-1504
- Cost containment in the operating room: who is responsible?.J Clin Anesth. 1994; 6: 351-356
- Health benefits in 2014: stability in premiums and coverage for employer-sponsored plans.Health Aff (Millwood). 2014; 33: 1851-1860
- How many are underinsured? Trends among U.S. adults, 2003 and 2007.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008; 27: w298-w309
- The increasing financial burden of outpatient elective surgery for the privately insured.Ann Surg. 2020; 272: 530-536
- Surgeon awareness of operating room supply costs.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2016; 125: 369-377
- Top five reasons why people go bankrupt.27 October 2021
- Debt.org. Bankruptcy statistics up to 2021 - what you need to know. 27 October 2021
Najjar PA, Ashley SW. How should surgeons interpret operating room costs? Valuing our time. JAMA Surgery. 201818;153:e176234–e176234.
- A comparative cost analysis of robotic-assisted surgery versus laparoscopic surgery and open surgery: the necessity of investing knowledgeably.Surg Endosc. 2016; 30: 5044-5051
- Decreasing intraoperative delays with meaningful use of the surgical safety checklist.Surgery. 2018; 163: 259-263
- Global robotic experience and the type of surgical system impact the types of robotic malfunctions and their clinical consequences: an FDA MAUDE review: surgical system and time impact robot malfunctions.BJU Int. 2012; 109: 1222-1227
- Cost containment and changing physicians’ practice behavior: can the fox learn to guard the chicken coop?.JAMA. 1981; 246: 2195-2201
- Operating room supply costs in orthopaedic trauma: cost containment opportunities.J Orthop Trauma. 2016; 30: S21
- Postoperative complications decrease the cost-effectiveness of robotic-assisted lobectomy.Surgery. 2019; 165: 455-460
- Hospital cost and clinical effectiveness of robotic-assisted versus video-assisted thoracoscopic and open lobectomy: a propensity score–weighted comparison.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 157: 2018-2026.e2
- How long is too long? The effect of the duration of anaesthesia on the incidence of non-urological complications after surgery.BJU Int. 2008; 102: 301-304
- Preparing for the worst: universal algorithm for robotic surgery emergency conversion.J Am Coll Surg. 2021; 232: 220-222
D.M.K. and R.L.A. both contributed equally to this work and should be regarded as co-first authors.