Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Oncology SoS. Sentinel node biopsy in node negative women 70 and over 2016.(updated)https://www.choosingwisely.org/clinician-lists/sso-sentinel-node-biopsy-in-node-negative-women-70-and-over/Date accessed: July 27, 2021
- Choosing Wisely: helping physicians and patients make smart decisions about their care.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1801-1802
- Lumpectomy plus tamoxifen with or without irradiation in women age 70 years or older with early breast cancer: long-term follow-up of CALGB 9343.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 2382-2387
- Axillary dissection versus no axillary dissection in elderly patients with breast cancer and no palpable axillary nodes: results after 15 years of follow-up.Ann Surg Oncol. 2011; 18: 125-133
- Randomized trial comparing axillary clearance versus no axillary clearance in older patients with breast cancer: first results of International Breast Cancer Study Group Trial 10-93.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 337-344
- Not performing a sentinel node biopsy for older patients with early-stage invasive breast cancer.JAMA Surg. 2015; 150: 683-684
- Barriers and facilitators to de-implementation of the Choosing Wisely® guidelines for low-value breast cancer surgery.Ann Surg Oncol. 2020; 27: 2653-2663
- Eigth edition of the AJCC cancer staging manual: breast cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2018; 25: 1783-1785
- Effect of axillary dissection vs no axillary dissection on 10-year overall survival among women with invasive breast cancer and sentinel node metastasis: the ACOSOG Z0011 (Alliance) randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2017; 318: 918-926
- Outcomes after sentinel lymph node biopsy and radiotherapy in older women with early-stage, estrogen receptor–positive breast cancer.JAMA Network Open. 2021; 4 (e216322-e)
- Deimplementation of the Choosing Wisely recommendations for low-value breast cancer surgery: a systematic review.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: 759-770
- Decreasing the use of sentinel lymph node surgery in women older than 70 years with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer and the impact on adjuvant radiation and hormonal therapy.Ann Surg Oncol. 2021; 28: 8766-8774
- Are we choosing wisely in elderly females with breast cancer?.Am J Surg. 2019; 218: 1229-1233
- Quality-of-life outcomes in surgical vs nonsurgical treatment of breast cancer-related lymphedema: a systematic review.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: 513-519
- Prevention and management of lymphedema after breast cancer treatment.Breast Journal. 2015; 21: 276-284
Hrebinko KA, Bryce CL, Downs-Canner S, Diego EJ, Myers SP. Cost-effectiveness of Choosing Wisely guidelines for axillary observation in women older than age 70 years with hormone receptor–positive, clinically node-negative, operable breast tumors. Cancer. 2022;128:2258-2268.
- Oncologists’ perspectives on omission of sentinel lymph node biopsy in women >70 years with early-stage hormone receptor-positive breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39: 48
- Delays in operative management of early-stage, estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic: a multi-institutional matched historical cohort study.Surgery. 2022; 171: 666-672
- Barriers and strategies in guideline implementation: a scoping review.Healthcare (Basel). 2016; 4: 36