This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The available literature on tuberculous peritonitis has been reviewed.
Tuberculous peritonitis treatment is not medical nor surgical but is a combination of both.
The only article available on the treatment of tuberculous peritonitis by closed ether anesthesia has been reviewed.
Comment has been made as to the possible explanation of the therapeutic action of ether anesthesia in tuberculous peritonitis.
From experiences in this hospital, as indicated by case reports and by the writings of Savage, of Cincinnati, it appears ether anesthesia is a valuable adjunct in the treatment of tuberculous peritonitis.
The postoperative condition of patients who have been operated upon under spinal anesthesia and gas anesthesias, which do not produce anoxemia, should be studied.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1937; 65: 771
- Pennsylvania M. J. 1931; 35: 178
- Arch. Surg. 1930; 20: 664
- Centralbl. f. Chir. 1884; 11: 81
- Centralbl. f. Chir. 1890; 17: 657
- Ann. Surg. 1929; 90: 614
Morgagni: Epistala 38, No. 34, ed. Radius.
- Am. J. Obst. 1902; 48: 737
- Am. J. Obst. 1902; 49: 205
- Johns Hopkins Hosp. Rep. 1890; 2: 67
- Anesth. & Analg. 1928; 7: 137
- Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1934; 58: 567
- Am. J. Obst. 1887; 20: 932
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Abdominal Tumors.in: J. & A. Churchill, Ltd, London1885: 210
- Textbook of Bacteriology. D. Appleton-Century Co., Inc, New York1934: 498 ed. 7.
Received: April 11, 1938
© 1938 Published by Elsevier Inc.