This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Edema, ascites, and engorgement of the collateral superficial circulation, which would indicate the presence of obstruction of the inferior vena cava, were present in only 2 of the 7 cases. Extension of the tumor thrombus into the right auricle occurred in 2 cases. Thrombosis of the hepatic veins and metastatic involvement of the liver with impaired liver function occurred in 1 case.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Metastasirende embryonal Drüsengeschwulst der Nierengegend im Kindesalter.Beitr. z. path. Anat. u.z. allg. Path. 1899; 26: 320-366
- Occlusion of the Entire Inferior Vena Cava by Hypernephroma, With Thrombosis of the Hepatic Vein and Its Branches.Arch. Int. Med. 1918; 22: 86-95
- Thrombosis and Embolism Resulting From Renal Tumors.J. A. M. A. 1924; 82: 75-78
- Obstruction of the Inferior Vena Cava With a Report of Eighteen Cases.Johns Hopkins Hosp. Rep. 1911; 16: 363-548
- Zur Casuistik der Geschwulstthrombose.Arch. f. klin. Chir. 1900; 60: 596-620
- Tumor-Thrombosis of the Inferior Vena Cava; With Four Additional Cases of Neoplastic Invasion.Ann. Clin. Med. 1924; 3: 29-68
- Patologia e clinica dei tumori del rene.Folia urol. 1908; 2: 638-693
- Malignant Growth in the Right Kidney Invading Inferior Vena Cava (Card Specimen).Tr. Path. Soc. London. 1885; 36: 275-276
Velpeau: Quoted by Pleasants.
- Hypernephroid Carcinoma of the Kidney; With a Tumor-Thrombus Filling the Inferior Vena Cava and Right Heart Cavities: Report of Case.J. A. M. A. 1936; 106: 1544-1546
Received: June 20, 1938
© 1938 Published by Elsevier Inc.