This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. Abscess of the thyroid gland is commonly productive of tracheal obstruction.
- 2.2. Early recognition with treatment by operative drainage is indicated and generally results in a cure.
- 3.3. Tracheotomy should be performed in case of sustained respiratory obstruction.
- 4.4. Two cases are reported.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Thyroiditis.in: Frank Howard Lahey. Birthday Volume. Charles C Thomas, Publisher, Springfield, Ill1940: 289
- A Case of Suppurative Thyroiditis With Perforation of the Trachea.Ann. Otol., Rhin. & Laryng. 1914; 23: 569
- An Unusual Infection of the Epiglottis and Larynx in a Child, Tracheotomy Recovery.Ann. Otol., Rhin. & Laryng. 1914; 23: 569
- Abscess and Gangrene of the Thyroid Gland.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1924; 39: 293
- Thyroid Abscess.Boston M & S. J. 1917; 176: 94
- Acute Infection of Thyroid.J. A. M. A. 1921; 76: 637
- Inflammatory Disease of the Thyroid Gland.Minnesota Med. 1940; 23: 105
- Thyroiditis.Minnesota Med. 1937; 20: 218
- Acute Thyroiditis.New York State J. Med. 1919; 19: 274
- The Importance of Early Tracheotomy.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1928; 47: 726
- Tracheotomy; Technique and After-care of the Patient.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1928; 47: 848
Received: June 5, 1943
© 1943 Published by Elsevier Inc.