This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Decrease in Blood Volume After Prolonged Hyperactivity of the Sympathetic Nervous System.Am. J. Physiol. 1933; 103: 185
- The Peripheral Blood Flow in Surgical Shock, the Reduction in Circulation Through the Hand Resulting from Pain, Fear, Cold and Asphyxia, With Quantitative Measurements of the Volume Flow of Blood in Clinical Cases of Surgical Shock.J. Clin. Investigation. 1936; 15: 651
- The Effect of Temperature on the Volume Flow of Blood Through the Sympathectomized Paw of the Dog With Observations on the Oxygen Content and Capacity, Carbon-Dioxide Content, and pH of the Arterial and Venous Blood.Am. J. Physiol. 1937; 120: 475
- The Volume of the Circulation and Its Regulation by the Venopressor Mechanism.J. A. M. A. 1931; 97: 1265
- Effects of Primary Shock on Cardiac Output and Blood Pressure.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 31. 1933: 36
- Principles of Surgical Care: Shock and Other Problems.C. V. Mosby Company, St. Louis1940
- The Treatment of Experimental Shock by the Intravenous Injection of Dilute, Normal, and Concentrated Plasma.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1942; 74: 319
- Shock, Blood Studies as a Guide to Therapy.J. B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia1940
- Practical Aspects of Surgical Shock.New England J. Med. 1941; 224: 903
Ferris, Eugene: Personal communication.
- Shock and Related Capillary Phenomena.Oxford University Press, New York1938
- A Comparison of the Effects of Heat and Those of Cold in the Prevention and Treatment of Shock.Arch. Surg. 1941; 42: 1054
- Studies on the Effects of the Inhalation of a High Concentration of Oxygen in Experimental Shock.Surgery. 1940; 8: 247
- Direct Effect of Adrenal Cortical Hormone Upon Blood Pressure in Shock Induced by Intestinal Manipulation.in: Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 37. 1937: 601
- A Study of the Circulatory Failure of Adrenal Insufficiency and Analogous Shock-Like Conditions.Am. J. Physiol. 1938; 123: 659
- The Use of Adrenal Cortical Extract in the Treatment of Traumatic Shock of Burns.Ann. Surg. 1941; 113: 955
- Plasma Transfusion in the Treatment of Hemorrhage.Brit. M. J. 1940; 1: 1047
Received: May 15, 1942
© 1943 Published by Elsevier Inc.