This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A new method is presented of treating extensive obstruction of the extrahepatic biliary system, the treatment of which has hitherto been unsatisfactory, by anastomosing one of the intrahepatic biliary ducts to the jejunum following a partial resection of the left lobe of the liver. It should be emphasized that although our experience with the procedure has been encouraging, it has been limited both clinically and experimentally and the final evaluation must await further clinical observations.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- S. Clin. North America. 1943; 23: 714
- J. A. M. A. 1947; 134: 235
- Tr. South. S. A. 1945; 56: 28
- Ann. Surg. 1940; 112: 51
- Prox. Staff Meet. Mayo Clin. 21. 1946: 377
- Ann. Surg. 1945; 122: 490
- Arch. Path. 1937; 23: 641
- J. Path. & Bact. 1901; 7: 203
- J. Exper. Med. 1920; 32: 249
- Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1918; 26: 81
- Am. J. Surg. 1944; 64: 217
☆Read at the meeting of the Society of University Surgeons, New Orleans, La., Jan. 29–31, 1948.
© 1948 Published by Elsevier Inc.